Saturday, September 8, 2012

Post Numero Dos

I told y'all I would keep up! (Yes, I use y'all on a daily basis. Yes, I live in Texas.  Yes, I believe in myself.)



Recently, I started to work out again. It is a pain. First, you should  know my background on this "working out" thing. Although I look so  not athletic, in my opinion, I grew up in sports until high school. Actually, my dad is to blame for that. He use to be a professional baseball player in Mexico. (I like sharing that part...) At the age of, well since I could remember, I was placed in gymnastics. That was until I turned ten Then, at that age, I was placed in cheer leading for a few years. (Yes, I do believe cheer leading is a sport. We seriously practiced more than the players.) After that, I joined Athletics in middle school. From volleyball, to basketball, to track, and then soccer. The summer of that year, I began to enjoy  bike riding and pilates. So, I was never just sitting down on the couch watching TV. I even started doing yoga and cardio videos my freshman year. But it all stopped. My sophomore year became one of the busiest. (More like I lost track of time hanging out with friends. But..) I lost my routine, and began to focus on school, volunteering there and at church. Thus, it all faded away.... I began to take walks or runs (mostly walks) around the neighborhood once in a while, but not really. So now, here we are:

I'm sore. I am not a fan of running. And did I mention I'm sore. My legs can definitely feel it. So far, I've been trying to catch up with my cardio. A whole hour of it non-stop.  (You know: fast, slow, inclined, steppers.) That's not including all the stretching and warm up before and after. Ugh. And although it has been tough, I think it's a great change of routine in my schedule and great change for my health. Actually, I even believe spiritually it can be a breakthrough. While I was working out, every time I felt like stopping, (even those two times my phone fell, but coincidentally there was always someone there to pick up my phone), I was reminded of something someone once shared with me, and it kind of stucked with me ever since.
 "If I can't dominate in the physical, how can I dominate in the spiritual?"
Consider it. I did, and boy, it changed my perspective in a lot of things. (Not just in working out, by the way.)


Estefani.





2 comments: