Tuesday, September 11, 2012

To You, Encouragement.

"C. S. Lewis, in his work, The Weight of Glory, argued that the most fundamental thing is not how we think of God but rather what God thinks of us. "How God thinks of us is not only more important, but infinitely more important.""


         Today I want to talk about something I deal with constantly through my walk with God, and something I’ve seen and heard so many other girls and ladies of all ages go through. Self-esteem. It is rooted in our identity, but as humans (I really hope no dog is reading this*) we seem need a constant reminder to keep our confidence, in order to be who God has called us to be.
For example, I sometimes battle with the past, and the fear and shame that may come with it. But I am reminded time after time (through lovely people, and the Grrrrr-eat! Word of God) that we all have a past, we all encounter fear, guilt and shame. Yet, I have been made new. And God has a lot more to say to the, (what I like to call it,) “Constantly-Made-New-New” me, and has forgiven and forgotten the old me. It is easy to fall back into focusing on our fears, guilt, and shame, which only grow our insecurities and worries. But I promise you’re not alone in this matter, and there’s a great plan God has for you, where you get to be you. So, here’s a reminder for you and I (yes, I do still need one).

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

 --But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal... Philippians 3:13, 14


I am loved, by Love.

 --“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." Jeremiah 31:3
 -- “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16
  

I am His.

-- “I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters,Says the Lord Almighty.”2 Corinthians 6:18
 --"They shall be My people, and I will be their God;" Jeremiah 32:38

 He will never leave me. 

-- "...For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” Hebrews 13:5
-- "This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
 --"I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand." – John 10:28


He has a plan for me. 

 --For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
--"The LORD will work out his plans for my life— for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever..." Psalm 138:8

He sees me.

--She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me."  Genesis 16:13

In my weakness, He is strong. 

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
à At first I didn’t think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,
My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness.

 I am fearfully and wonderfully made.


--For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10
 --I will praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be (Psalm 139:14-15)

 He saved me, cleansed me, and anointed me.

--The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
    for the Lord has anointed me

 I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God!
    For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation
    and draped me in a robe of righteousness.
I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit
    or a bride with her jewels.  Isaiah 61:1 &10 

--
 "He gave up his life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word" Ephesians 5:26

 

“You’re blessed when you’re content with just who you are—no more, no less. That’s the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can’t be bought." Matthew 5:5  

 These are some of the greatest wake up calls when the thought that I am not competent to achieve or do "good". Remember that some of these words were spoken to prophets and giants in faith, even they needed to be reminded from time to time that they could make it and Who their true confidence was on. I hope it encouraged you to keep going and to open up the greatest love letter from our Maker, His Word.


From one of God's daughter to another,

Estefania.


*You never know, a dog or bunny might be offended I don't mention them...

No comments:

Post a Comment